About Me

My photo
I would like to welcome you to this blog and let you know a bit about me. My name is Christina and I am not a therapist or other "expert" on sex and relationships. I am simply a woman who loves life, love, intimacy, romance and sex. I believe that life is all about never-ending learning and exploration. I am a wife and mother who has discovered through her experiences, a crystal clear understanding of what is truly important and maybe more importantly, what is not. I have been married since 1994 and have children ranging from 7 years old to 21 years old. I have found ways to maintain a happy marriage and passionate sex life with my husband, all while raising a family, managing finances and daily stresses and even overcoming more than one life threatening situation. I have often been the "go to" person for friends, who expressed admiration for my relationship with my partner and family and seek the same for their lives. One of my best friends, Bonnie, often collaborates with me on topics. Together we would like to invite you to join us on a journey to find a place for passion in all aspects of life.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Baggage, are you ready to lighten the load?

Have you ever wondered why there are people that only seem happy when things are going haywire and they have something to complain about.  Well I read an article that talked about how the brain actually releases endorphins in response to negative emotions.  It is kinda like when you stub your toe, it feels bad, but your brain releases chemicals to make you feel better.  These chemicals give you that feel good feeling, which is as addictive as drugs. 


My journey has been creating a more positive life, with more positive things flowing to me.  I have had to make a conscious effort to retrain myself since much of the conditioning leaned toward negative beliefs.  "Money doesn't grow on trees."  "Life is not fair."  I am sure you have heard these or many other statements like them. 

I made a decision to leave that heavy bag full of limiting beliefs, past hurts, and all sorts of negative crap, instead of dragging it along with me.  It is extremely freeing to quit hauling all that junk.  I am not going to say that I don't stumble and fall back into a pattern of letting some of those limiting beliefs back in.  Years of pattern are not changed over night.  However, I make every effort to keep these limiting beliefs out of my existence and bring more positive into its place.

One of the biggest and most simple ways to move into the positive, is to be grateful for things.  Gratitude focuses on the positive things in your life instead of the negative.  Each turn toward a more positive feeling will help to bring more positive to you.  It is a simple law of attraction that like attracts like.   Some examples that we can all be grateful for, since you are reading this you must be alive, is this it is a new day and you are alive.  The past is now in the past and the choices we make from this moment on will be creating a new future.  Stay in the moment and find those things to be grateful for, both large and small.

Another way to have a positive impact is to smile.  Smiles have an impact on others as well as your own brain.  You can actually trick your brain into releasing feel good chemicals and help to release negative emotions when you smile.  Even just placing a pencil in your mouth and engaging those same muscles you use when you smile, will cause your brain to believe you are smiling for real.  Your smile could be just the thing that changes another persons whole day. 

Most of us have some baggage from our past.  Some have a tiny little clutch purse size and others drag a train of large luggage along with them.  I encourage you to try opening your hand and letting go.  You can always go back and pick it back up, if you feel you must.  We all choose our own paths.  I believe that if you really give yourself a chance to move on in your life without the load of crap that you have been dragging, you will not want to continue to haul such a heavy load.  Life flows so much easier when you are not weighed down by all the stuff that is not really serving you. 

So what is the risk of letting it go?  You may feel a bit uncomfortable but you can always choose to crawl back into your comfort zone. Just remember that what is uncomfortable now, will soon become part of your comfort zone.  You can take a baby step outside that comfort zone, wait and let that get comfortable and then take another baby step.  The lion doesn't eat the elephant whole, just one bite at a time.  Let yourself begin your new journey with one step at a time.

What would the benefits be?  You lighten your burden.  You give yourself the opportunity to let more positive into your life.  You free yourself to experience with a fresh perspective.  Limitless potential.  Hmm, sounds good to me.

All the benefits far outweigh the risks in my mind.  I will definitely be continuing along this path of releasing the negative load and turning into the flow of positive gifts that life has to offer.

What is your choice?



No comments:

Post a Comment