About Me

My photo
I would like to welcome you to this blog and let you know a bit about me. My name is Christina and I am not a therapist or other "expert" on sex and relationships. I am simply a woman who loves life, love, intimacy, romance and sex. I believe that life is all about never-ending learning and exploration. I am a wife and mother who has discovered through her experiences, a crystal clear understanding of what is truly important and maybe more importantly, what is not. I have been married since 1994 and have children ranging from 7 years old to 21 years old. I have found ways to maintain a happy marriage and passionate sex life with my husband, all while raising a family, managing finances and daily stresses and even overcoming more than one life threatening situation. I have often been the "go to" person for friends, who expressed admiration for my relationship with my partner and family and seek the same for their lives. One of my best friends, Bonnie, often collaborates with me on topics. Together we would like to invite you to join us on a journey to find a place for passion in all aspects of life.

Friday, March 22, 2013

The art of the ask

Some people seem to be born with the ability to ask for what they want.  Others, well they have a harder time asking for things.  I am one of the others and I am working on improving the art of the ask.

It can be something as simple as asking for a little assistance with a task that you are trying to complete.  For me, asking always seemed to be like admitting that I was not good enough or something to accomplish it on my own.  What a crock that story was that I was telling myself.

Asking for assistance or for what you want is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign that you are.  You know those sayings, "two heads are better than one" and "work smarter not harder" well, they have been around a long time for a reason. 


If you would like assistance with a task, rather than running an internal dialogue about how you have to do this by yourself, nobody will offer to help, blah, blah, blah, just speak up.  How are others supposed to know what is going on in your head?  Are they just supposed to "see" that you need assistance?  How silly is that thinking?

When you would like some help, politely ask someone for a little bit of assistance.  You will be a lot happier when you share the responsibility rather than playing the victim and being angry because you had to do it all yourself.  For your own sake, learn the art of the ask.

When you are dealing with an intimate moment, and you are thinking that you would love it if your partner would do something different, ask.  Don't get in the rut of wishing for things to be different but not speaking up about it. 

The key would be in how you ask for what you want.  Doing it in a positive manner is the key.  Don't let it come out like "don't do it like that, I don't like that" but rather something like "a little to the left and slower please, oh yeah, just like that." 

Learning the art of the ask can help to relieve many of the potential irritations or stresses in our lives, each and every day.  Make it a habit to ask, even when you just want a little company to perform a task.

No comments:

Post a Comment