About Me

My photo
I would like to welcome you to this blog and let you know a bit about me. My name is Christina and I am not a therapist or other "expert" on sex and relationships. I am simply a woman who loves life, love, intimacy, romance and sex. I believe that life is all about never-ending learning and exploration. I am a wife and mother who has discovered through her experiences, a crystal clear understanding of what is truly important and maybe more importantly, what is not. I have been married since 1994 and have children ranging from 7 years old to 21 years old. I have found ways to maintain a happy marriage and passionate sex life with my husband, all while raising a family, managing finances and daily stresses and even overcoming more than one life threatening situation. I have often been the "go to" person for friends, who expressed admiration for my relationship with my partner and family and seek the same for their lives. One of my best friends, Bonnie, often collaborates with me on topics. Together we would like to invite you to join us on a journey to find a place for passion in all aspects of life.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Have you ever....?

Have you ever had a moment, when you are frustrated with something your partner did?  How long do you let that moment hang onto you? 

I know that I have been there.  The difference, as I learn and grow, is that now I don't let myself stay in that moment for long at all.  Every moment in our life is precious.  We can't get them back.  I am doing my very best to remind myself of that daily and to treasure all those precious moments.  When I have a moment that is less flattering, I try to find a better outlook on things and find something that makes me feel good. 

The more of these good moments that I find, the easier it is to find them and the more there are to be found. 

Now, instead of watching TV from different chairs, we spend more time snuggled up together while we enjoy our favorite show or movie.  It is amazing to me that I let many, many moments like this slip away without enjoying the intimacy of snuggling up on the couch together like we did when we were first together. We hold hands, share those moments together and make certain that we not only are a loving couple, but behave like a loving couple as well. 

I want my children to grown up seeing what appropriate public displays of affection look like.  I want them to have high expectations of what a marriage should be.   I want them to know how to communicate well and be happy. 

For all these reasons and a thousand more, I find the opportunity to share my love and find all those positive moments and opportunities that I used to let slip on by.

Are you letting them slip by?

No comments:

Post a Comment