About Me

My photo
I would like to welcome you to this blog and let you know a bit about me. My name is Christina and I am not a therapist or other "expert" on sex and relationships. I am simply a woman who loves life, love, intimacy, romance and sex. I believe that life is all about never-ending learning and exploration. I am a wife and mother who has discovered through her experiences, a crystal clear understanding of what is truly important and maybe more importantly, what is not. I have been married since 1994 and have children ranging from 7 years old to 21 years old. I have found ways to maintain a happy marriage and passionate sex life with my husband, all while raising a family, managing finances and daily stresses and even overcoming more than one life threatening situation. I have often been the "go to" person for friends, who expressed admiration for my relationship with my partner and family and seek the same for their lives. One of my best friends, Bonnie, often collaborates with me on topics. Together we would like to invite you to join us on a journey to find a place for passion in all aspects of life.

Monday, January 9, 2012

What is your bedroom?

Is it a place to sleep only?  A place to watch TV?  Is it a sanctuary for the couple to retreat to and enjoy each others company?

I would like to express how important it is for your bedroom be a sanctuary for the couple.  Keeping the spark of passion in our relationship takes a little help.  It isn't something that just happens.  There are many things we can do to create a wonderful place for the couple to retreat away from the complications of daily life and focus on romance, intimacy and exploration of each other.  (if you have children, I do recommend a lock on your door, just in case)

Today I am going to talk about touch.  Think about the textures that make you feel good and sexy.  Fabrics are an easy way to incorporate texture into your sanctuary.  Silk, satin, feathers and furs are all lovely examples of texture.  How many textures are currently in your room?  How many are conducive to romance?

It is time to find some of these wonderful feeling things and bring them into our bedroom for a little adult playtime.  Why should the kids have all the fun? We don't have to spend a lot of money, unless of course you want to.  Just remember that we are focusing on touch and how different things feel. I invite you to close your eyes and spend some time just feeling the things around you.

While you are at it, this gives you a wonderful opportunity to spend some time touching and exploring your partner.  Are you brave enough to take turns blindfolded and exploring your partner, paying close attention to the sensation of touch?

This would be a perfect opportunity to bring the coconut oil that I posted about earlier into play.   Vary your touch as you explore, using soft caresses or a little more firm touch.  Use different parts of your body to experience touch.  Your fingers shouldn't be the only thing getting to experience touch.  Your lips, your nose, and your tongue, just to name a few, let your imagination get away with you a bit here.  How does this make you feel?  How does it make your partner feel?  This gives you a wonderful opportunity to express to your partner how different touches feel, which ones you enjoy and to encourage them to share their experience with you.

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to note that textures don't necessarily need to be soft to be used in the bedroom. A variety of textures is a good thing. Think about leather and lace for example. Not necessarily soft, but can definitely be fun.

    ReplyDelete